This was a much improved BTDT team from previous years we have met and they displayed a well organised defence with good counter-attacking strategy. DBFC Vets started the better team and dominated the first 20 minutes, attacking constantly and having many chances on goal. After 10 minutes played DBFC Vets deservedly went 1-0 up after a short corner between Moti and Rafa on the left resulted in a good cross from that Matija Maretic banged in at the back post. DBFC Vets pressed high for more goals and had lots of chances but after 20 minutes this DBFC Vets pressing resulted in a loss of team discipline with team structure / shape and allowed BTDT to get lots of counter attacks with their two skilful forwards. DBFC defence didn’t cope at all well with this constant counter-attacking and it was 10 minutes before half time when BTDT got the equaliser. The DBFC Vets defence was caught in possession and robbed of the ball at 25 yards from goal and at least two attempts to tackle and clear failed, the BTDT striker broke clear and sent a low shot from the right side of Alessio’s box across the goal to sneak in at the far post. The half finished at 1-1. The second half started much the same with DBFC pressing for a goal and BTDT relying on fast counter-attack.

It was BTDT that scored next after 15 minutes of the 2nd half when they capitalised on a ball into the DBFC box that bounced around and was not cleared, for the BTDT striker to turn inside and toe poke into the corner and make it 2-1 to BTDT. This sparked DBFC Vets to show more urgent action and energy levels and press for the equaliser. Although DBFC Vets had most possession they were again vulnerable to counter-attacking. Many half chances came DBFC way but not converted; the closest being a free kick from Dom that the BTDT keeper did well to save pushing the ball wide for the loose ball to be missed by a number of DBFC Vets players following in but ended at Matija feet to fire in from a narrow angle to see his shot come off the underside of the bar and go just past the far post. There was another chance when Dom was put through and from a narrow angle hit his shot across the BTDT keeper to see it come off the far post. With all this DBFC Vets attacking there were a number of BTDT counter-attacks to deal with and the DBFC Vets defence managed (just) that with the assistance of some good saves by Alessio. The DBFC Vets pressure finally was rewarded when the non-stop Kieran McKnight ran down the BTDT keeper to block his clearance, the ball squirmed out to Thierry but he was closed down quickly, then to Dom who’s shot at goal was blocked and rebounded out to Pascal Laroumanie who shot it straight back over the advanced keepers head (and arms) to score. The scores now at 2-2 DBFC Vets continued the pressure and looked as if they would get the winner. Kieran McKnight got through on goal to see his attempted lob over the out coming keeper go over the bar. With DBFC Vets threatening to score the winner the KGV lights were switched off at exactly 10:30pm when there was at least 8 minutes left in the half. All in all not the best DBFC Vets team performance so a draw against a very decent BTDT team was probably a fair result. This is the first points dropped by DBFC Vets after 6 games so still an impressive record and a kindly reminder to not ease off the pedal.